BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 8, 2010

After Taking The TAKS

What I thought about the TAKS. Well, at first before the test, I felt like I was going to just break down and cry. I was seriously scared because I didn’t know what was coming and what to expect. And it was also kind of scary because I wouldn’t know the difficulty level, so I didn’t know how hard it was really going to be. Now let me get on to the details. Oh yeah, about the math. It took me forever to do it just because I wanted to be 100% sure about my answers. It was pretty easy, because I used my strategies and looked for the key words, and boxed them in so I wouldn’t forget they were there. There wasn’t really one specific question I had problems with, considering if I had a problem then I would just reread the question. I breezed through all the questions and had time to prove my answers and be pretty sure about it, just a little over 2-3 hours. That was pretty fast for me. But I just think that the stress and worrying about the test was more pain then the test itself. I was just hoping that there would be more simplifying fraction questions on there, because that is my favorite thing to do in math. And I really got to know how to simplify fractions really good, because of that rap that Pamela and me made. But that’s a whole other story. Now to summarize about the math TAKS, it was easy, it was fast, and I hope I passed. Hey, that rhymed. Now on to the next one, the reading TAKS. The reading TAKS was easy, but harder than the math. I don’t even remember how long it took me; I just remember I was one of the last ones done. I read each story like at least 3 times: the first time just to get a good idea about the story, the second time to take notes about my reading and use all my strategies, and at the very end I read it again in order to check my answers. Some of the questions were just common sense, considering you could just answer them without reading the story. But some questions really made me think. Like the very last question in the story about the dog that never gave up and saved those people from that fire. But some questions were very easy because all you had to do is look back in the story. But my favorite type of questions are those ones that ask you," Based on the information in the passage, which one is most likely to happen?” I like those types of questions because they really get me thinking and every now and then I daydream about what could happen. But daydreaming really helps me solve those kinds of problems. It’s really funny that some of the answer choices make no sense at all. But sometimes they can be tricky but it gets me thinking, and I really love a challenge. But the story in the TAKS that I liked the most was the one about the substitute teachers and the kids plan to waste class but when they get a nice sub then he outsmarts them, and they have fun and finally learn to enjoy class. I could actually picture the story in my head, just like a TV. Looking back now at the test rally gets me thinking about my personal goals after college and stuff like that. It makes me think that I can overcome anything. But I can’t be too sure because I need to know my grade before I can move on. I just cant wait until I see my grade because I will be sad if I get a bad grade, but I am very confident that I got a good grade after looking at that test. I am also very confident in the reading considering I triple-checked my answers in the story. The only catch is, when in the world am I going to know my score?!?! Its eating me alive!!!

0 comments: